Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

4.11.2011

(Simple) Caramel Brownies

Today's fabulous find came from my sister who got it from her sister-in-law who got it from her sister who got it from a free recipe flyer at a grocery store...whew!  You know what that means? ...It's a good recipe...and it's not copyrighted!   I'm SO glad I can share it with you because I find these brownies to be fabulous and think you will too.  In fact, I may have been 'finding them fabulous' all day today!  ; )



Can you see the yummy caramel?  There's chocolate chips in there too!
 
Caramel Brownies

2 Devils food german chocolate cake mixes (update:  there was a mix-up when I wrote down the recipe, it really called for german chocolate cake mixes)
1 can evaporated milk
2 sticks (1 C total) margarine or butter
1 12-14 oz bag of caramels
1 bag chocolate chips
1.  Take bag of caramels and 1/3 C of evaporated milk, combine on low heat and stir until melted.
2.  Mix 2 cake mixes, 1 cup melted margarine, and 2/3 C evaporated milk and mix until the dough  holds together.  Press 1/2 of the dough in a large cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
3.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 1 bag of chocolate chips.  Pour melted caramel over the chips.
4.  Crumble leftover dough on the caramel. (You can gently pat it down some if you want.)  Bake 15-18 minutes.  Eat warm, chilled (great for summer), or chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour before eating.



Today's Fabulous Find...Caramel Brownies...Mmm!
 
One more thing:  I had an unexpected surprise today...
 
Last week Fireflies and Jellybeans announced a contest to design a new logo for The Iron Crafter Challenge on their blog.  I went ahead and made a few buttons to enter (it was so much more fun than cleaning) and it was announced today that my logo made the top three!  Fun, right?  
 
If you have a minute, click on over to Fireflies and Jellybeans (if you'd like to see my designs) and vote for your favorite, even if it's not mine. :) 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Linda said...

what is a cube of butter? Do you have a volume or weight measure for it?

Thanks,
Linda

The Allen Family said...

Yum! And way cute button! I voted for you. Looks like it's super close between you and #3 (I put you over her (for the momen)t 59 to 58!) Yikes! Good luck!

Janet said...

Linda had a great question: "What is a cube of butter?" I'm so glad she asked! I typed the recipe up the way it was given to me and didn't think to change it from cube to stick. I looked into it and found out that years ago stores west of the rocky mountains sold 1/2 C. measurements of butter in a cube shape. In the east it was sold as a stick. I guess it's just one of those regional words that has hung around.

Ms. Craftsalot said...

We made these all of the time growing up!!! They were one of my favorites!!! We called them German Chocolate Layer Bars, probably because our recipe uses German Chocolate Cake mix. We also added Walnuts. I've so been wanting to make these again. Since we do not have kids yet, I'd end up eating most of them myself:) Hopefully I'll have a good excuse to make and share soon. Maybe Easter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails